Are you planning to travel during this summer?
Is the destination in Asia?
Why not Asia and especially Southeast Asia?
In this last article, I will bring you some insights about the city of the future – Singapore – where the artificial paradise on Earth is.
Destination #3: Singapore
Characteristic: Thecity of the future
Centre areas: Marina Bay, Chinatown, Orchard Road, Clarke Quay & Riverside, Civic District
Languages: English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil
Currency: Singapore dollar (SGD) – 1€ is approximately equal to 1.528 SGD
Tips for money usage: Cards are generally accepted. However, local food stalls might require cash. So, keep some money with you so that you can enjoy the time in Singapore without running to find an exchange currency agency.
Airplanes available from Finland (according to Skyscanner): Finnair, Qatar, Lufthansa.
Budget for round-trip plane ticket: ranging from 517€ at the beginning of June.
Suitable for budget
- Hostel for travelling startups, creative and entrepreneurial community: located close to Marina Bay (32€ per night).
- Hostel: Jamilla Boutique Inn (from 12€ per night to 59€ and 79€). This accommodation is the best selection for 1, 2 or 3
travelersin a group as they provide singlebeds in a mixed room, double bed roomand triple bed room.
- Bak Kut Teh (Meat Bone/ Pork Ribs Soup) can be found at Ya Hua Bak Kuh Teh, 7 Keppel Road, #01-05/07, PSA Tanjong Pagar Complex.
- Wanton Mee (Singapore wanton noodle) is a local dish should not be missed. One of the best stalls is Fei Fei Wanton Mee, 62 Joo Chiat Place.
- Kaya Toast & Soft-Boiled Eggs is the one and only traditional Singaporean breakfast. You can have a taste of it in Killiney Kopitiam, 67 Killiney Road.
- Chilly or Pepper crabs are among the most popular Singaporean dishes. Long Beach is famous for its recipes. The address is Blk 1018 East Coast Parkway.
- Universal Studio(app. 52€) is one of the best theme parks in the world. There are games and activities that are beyond your imagination. This is a must-see destination.
- Garden by the Bay(app. 18€) is the human-created tropical forest-like garden. The green space in the heart of the city will astonish with its beauty and the great achievement of human beings in bio-technology.
- S.E.A Aquarium(app. 27€) guides you to the breathtaking underwater realm with over 100,000 kinds of water creatures. Moreover, it is the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia.
- Singapore Zoo(app. 27€) is home to more than 2,800 animals and 300 species. You can interact with and observe them in open habitats and through glass observatories.
- ArtScience Museum: Marina Bay Sands(app. 13€) is the mixture of space, high-tech and arts. You can experience a universe “Where Arts Meets Science”.