Winter is not a reason to stay at home, and even when the ubiquitous coronavirus has confused all our plans, I will tell you about five wonderful places in our vast Russia that will amaze you with their frosty beauty.
1. Lake Baikal is the deepest freshwater lake on the planet, its depth is more than 1600 meters. Beautiful in summer, no less majestic and mysterious in winter. The “glassy” ice of Lake Baikal will not leave you indifferent. If you are lucky enough to skate on it, then these impressions will remain with you forever. And for those who think about spiritual practices, this is a place where you can watch the dances of shamans and learn your fate from a Buddhist monk.
2. Mountain Altai. You will meet winter peaks covered with snow caps, hundreds of swans that have flown in for the winter to Lake Svetloye and a non-freezing geyser lake with a wonderful malachite pattern of the lake bottom. And at the confluence of the two rivers Chuya and Katun you will see a picturesque picture of the unity of water and the monumentality of the mountains.
3. Kola Peninsula. If you have never seen the aurora borealis, then you should come to the shores of the White and Barents Seas. See whales in the bay and walk along the frozen waterfall. In the village Teriberka you will see a cemetery of ships, the wreckage of 15 sea ships looks like peacefully resting sea animals. Be sure to take a walk to the “Dinosaur Eggs” beach, where there are many small boulders covered with a crust of snow.
4. Sochi. At a time when there is snow in the Sochi mountains, mimosa blossoms in the parks. Visit Krasnaya Polyana, climb to the top by cable car and feel like an Olympian.
5. Solovetsky archipelago. Winter Solovki is white crisp snow, ringing and silence, and a black sky with silver threads of stars.
I hope you love Russia as much as I do. Have a nice trip.
- Elevate Your Resume with these 8 Citizen-Science Driven Online Initiatives - 3rd February 2023
- The quest for practical training – A new chapter - 27th January 2023
- Xamk will pilot a new practical training model for International Degree Students 2023 - 27th January 2023