Student life is tough and full of challenges. However, our ability to find a way out of any situation and always keeping our spirits high – help us to survive through semesters.
Today you will learn how to make one of the most famous dishes of Japanese cuisine but in terms of poor student life.
- ½ kg of Japanese rice
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 sausage
- 1 pack of nori (dried seaweed)
- sushi sauce according the taste
- The most important step is making rice, it should be very fluff. To make rice of such consistency wash it before cooking and add water in the ratio 2:1.
- While water is boiling, you can start cutting filling ingredients into long thin stripes. If you prefer peeled vegetables – remove the peel first.
- After everything is done, place nori, shiny side down, on a bamboo sushi mat (In Japan people use special mats for forming rolls, but if you do not have it, then take a towel).
- Then press the cooled rice on the nori, leaving some space from the edges.
- Now it is time for filling! Line all chopped ingredients on top of rice.
- Finally, using towel or bamboo mat, roll the nori into a tight roll.
As an advice: can wait a few minutes to let rolls get sticky and juicy.
You can experiment with different ingredients – be creative!
And as a final step: just grab chopsticks and enjoy!