Cooking time 1 hour, calories: 120 calories
• 3 medium potatoes boiled with skin on, peeled and grated
• 2 medium carrot boiled with skin on
• 2 large beet boiled with skin on, peeled and grated
• 6 eggs hardboiled
• 3 scallions chopped
• 1.5 cup herring fillets diced (skin, bones removed)
• 3 tbsp Oil
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
How to cook:
1. Cook 3 potatoes and 2 carrots together, with skin on by covering it with water in a pot and cooking until soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Cook 2 beets by covering with water in a pot and cooking for about 1.5 hours, or until easily pierced with a toothpick.
3. Once the vegetables are cool, refrigerate them until completely cold.
4. Place 6 eggs into a small pot and cover with water. Cook over medium heat for 6 minutes after the water comes to a boil. Remove from heat, drain water and add cold water to the pot to cool off the eggs. Peel the eggs. Separate egg whites from egg yolk. Grate the egg whites into a bowl.
5. Peel and then grate the vegetables, placing each kind into a different dish.
6. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle about 1 tbsp of oil and lightly stir to combine.
7. Now season carrots and add about 1 tsp of oil and stir to combine.
8. If you have particularly juicy beets, place them over a sieve and press to remove the juice (discard the juice). OR press a paper towel against grated beets to remove all extra moisture. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil and stir to combine.