All in one – food edition
The cold has started to wash over everyone, so pack some warm clothes and sit back and I’ll show you another hot and steaming dish for this autumn. It’s called “All in one pot” (that’s what I thought of)
• Carrots, potatoes, chickpeas, mushrooms
• 2 eggs
• Sausage (if you wish)
• Electric rice cooker
• Oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, salt.
Let’s go to the kitchen together!!
1. First wash the rice and let it soak for about 30 minutes. The first step is the easiest and most important, otherwise you won’t have any rice to eat!
2. Next, peel the carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms and carefully cut them into cubes. In Finland, I only found chickpeas in the box, not fresh, but any variety is fine.
3. Heat up the pan, add cooking oil, and 2 slices of minced garlic until perfumed. Put all the above ingredients in a pan and fry over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Stir for 5 to 10 minutes and add 350 ml of water to the pan and wait until the vegetables are well cooked. (If you want to eat sausage, cut the sausage into a cube, put the sausage first.)
4. When the pot of water is boiling, put everything in the rice cooker, being careful not to burn your hands. Remove the rice and let it drain, then put it in the pot, mash the rice with the soup with a spoon, and then crack two eggs. Then just close the lid and turn on the cooking mode.
5. Exercise and wait for the rice to finish.
This is a very cheap and easy to prepare a meal that can be used by vegetarians. You can add a few other things to add variety to the dish. As a student, time is important, but don’t forget to provide yourself with nutritious meals as well. Have a good appetite.
- Calling for Future Change-Makers: Join Climate Science Olympiad 2023 - 10th March 2023
- Elevate Your Resume with these 8 Citizen-Science Driven Online Initiatives - 3rd February 2023
- The quest for practical training – A new chapter - 27th January 2023