Hello dear readers! I hope you are all safe in this tough period that we are all going through lately.
Well, last time I shared with you the Cornell method of note-taking. I hope you found it interesting.
This time, I want to share with you another note-taking method called the boxing method.
In addition, this method works best if you have a class/session that is split into different sections that are still related in a sense.
Now, I´ll talk about the advantages and drawbacks of the boxing method of note-taking.
- Segregates and organizes your notes in the form of boxes
- Let you focus on one box at a time while reading
- Help you memorise the relation between notes in a visual way
- Perfect for people that take notes on a tablet
- Not suitable for every lecture type
- Doesn’t work well if no overall topics can be assigned to a group of notes
- Requires additional time to group the notes in the end or during the lecture
- Please check below an example of the boxing method that you can use.