Hello dear readers! I hope you are all safe in this tough period that we are all going through lately.
Well, last time I shared with you the Cornell method of note-taking. I hope you found it interesting.
This time, I want to share with you another note-taking method called the boxing method.
In addition, this method works best if you have a class/session that is split into different sections that are still related in a sense.
Now, I´ll talk about the advantages and drawbacks of the boxing method of note-taking.
- Segregates and organizes your notes in the form of boxes
- Let you focus on one box at a time while reading
- Help you memorise the relation between notes in a visual way
- Perfect for people that take notes on a tablet
- Not suitable for every lecture type
- Doesn’t work well if no overall topics can be assigned to a group of notes
- Requires additional time to group the notes in the end or during the lecture
- Please check below an example of the boxing method that you can use.
Also, bear in mind that using colors and highlighters is very beneficial and helps a lot in the memorizing process.
That was all for today. I hope that the boxing method will help you being better at note-taking.
Stay tuned and stay safe :).
Latest posts by Ikram Bechari (see all)
- Tired from the messy notes? Go to the next level with the mapping method - 9th April 2021
- The creamy sour and sweet combination for the most divine dessert recipe. The tastiest lemon pie you can ever try - 2nd April 2021
- ITMO university and XAMK:Borderless Discussions, Future Collaborations For A Better Student Life Quality - 26th March 2021