Christmas is a perfect time to spend it with thoose people, who you love, and with whom you are feeling calm and satisfied with your life. Perfect plan is to go far away from a noisy city and stay at the country house, where nobody can annoy you with stupid questions and suggestions. Walking in the forest with your parents, cooking ginger cookies with little brother and sister, watching old movies with granny and reading aloud with your love.
By the way, about books. Sometimes it’s very hard to choose something special, find a really good story. As I think, perfect choice for Christmas reading are fascinating novels (not necessarily related to the holiday) or classical fairy tales.
- ‘The Polar Express’ is a story written by Chris Van Allsburg, where is a young boy, to whom came a train in a deep night and the magic begins.
- Books by Elin Hilderbrand. She has several stories about Christmas and love, they all are full of snow, feelings and amazing details. If you are alone and feeling depressed, her books are definitely, what you need.
- ‘Harry Potter’ J. K. Rowling. Actually, in this books the plot is not completely connected with Christmas but it doesn’t matter a lot because the main concept is magic and mystery. These novels are actually about it. And you can spend whole day and night, while reading them.
These books are also highly recommended:
- “Christmas in London” Anita Hughes
- “A Christmas Carol” Charles Dickens
- “The Snow Queen” Hans Christian Andersen
- “A Christmas Memory” Truman Capote
- “How The Grinch stole Christmas” Dr. Seuss
- “The Nutcracker” E.T.A. Hoffmann
- “Little Women” Louisa May Alcott
Always remember that pleasure from the process is the most important thing. Enjoy holidays and stay safe.