- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 oz milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 3 oz dark chocolate chunk
The preparation process step by step
- In a big bowl, whisk all the ingredients together: the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat them
- Sift in the flour and baking soda
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
- For a more intense flavor and texture, chill the dough for 24h.
- The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavor and texture will be.
- Leave at least 10 cm of space between cookies and 5 cm of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread equally.
- If you don’t have an ice-cream scooper use your hand to form cookie-balls.
(This recipe is for 12 medium-sized cookies)
I wish you will enjoy the recipe.
Latest posts by Guest Writer (see all)
- Calling for Future Change-Makers: Join Climate Science Olympiad 2023 - 10th March 2023
- Elevate Your Resume with these 8 Citizen-Science Driven Online Initiatives - 3rd February 2023
- The quest for practical training – A new chapter - 27th January 2023