One of the best highlights of International Week was Food Tasting Day. Undoubtedly, everyone found something delicious there according their taste. There were different dishes represented from all around the world! Most likely, everyone fell in love with the Vietnamese spring rolls, Russian Caviar-pancakes and French desserts. Of course, Plov from Uzbekistan and Biryani from Bangladesh were among the rice specialities on the day. Among all the different delicacies, there were a couple of very easy but super yummy recipes, and now you have an unique opportunity to cook it at home:
Brigadeiro Recipe (Brazil)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Put the condensed milk, butter and chocolate in a pot.
- Stir it constantly over medium heat until the mixture loosens from the bottom of the pan.
- Shape and roll the chilled mixture into the balls.
- Add chocolate sprinkles on the top of the sweets according your taste.
- 4 apples
- 1/4 of 1L pack of milk
- 1-2 eggs
- ~100 g of flour
- Pinch of salt
- Peel the apples. Then slice them into the circle shape (~0,3 cm).
- Put egg, flour and milk together in the bowl, and mix ingredients until it is right consistency for the dough. After that, heat the pan (not too hot, not too warm). Do not forget to put enough butter on the pan!
- Dip the apple slices in the dough both sides and put them into the pan. After 2-3 min turn around, bake the other side.
- Make topping: put cinnamon and powdered or normal sugar together and sprinkles on top!
- Enjoy 😊
Written by Anna Ryndina
Photos by Quynh Anh (Daisy)