- Chickens (preferably wings)
- Salt, sugar, seasoning powder, cooking oil
- Ginger (depending on who eats)
- Garlic and shallots
- Fish sauce (Hope you can find it)
- Chili (if desired)
- Spring onions (if desired)
Let’s go to the kitchen!!
1. Marinate the chicken: put 1 tablespoon of salt, sugar, and 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder in the chicken, then mix well and let the seasoning soak into the chicken for 30 minutes.
2. Next, put 2 tablespoons of sugar in the storage pot, then put a small amount of water to wet the sugar, pay attention not to leave too much otherwise the sugar will not give a beautiful color, cook sugar water until it turns dark brown, the sugar will change color when boiling from yellow to brown to dark brown. Pay attention to the fire so that you can control the color of the line. It usually takes about 8-10 minutes.
3. After the sugar water is completed, pour sugar water into the marinated chicken so that the chicken has a color. Remember to mix it so that all sides of the meat are colored!
4. Then put the cooking oil in a saucepan (the pot used to cook sugar water), add the ginger (this ginger has been chopped) then cook until the ginger is cooked (tip: try taking a spoon or knife to cut the ginger, if it feels soft and easy to break, then the ginger is ripe). Next for the garlic and shallots (already bruised, as puree as possible). Continue cooking until the garlic and shallots are golden.
5. Quickly pour the marinated chicken into the pot, do not wait because if you leave the garlic and shallots blackened will be bitter. Give a certain amount of water, because the storage process will drain the water, and it’s okay if you leave too much water, wait for the water to recede, and if you put too little water, add it. Add a tablespoon of fish sauce (a small spoon, it’s salty!!)
6. When finished, it is possible to cut more chili peppers into the pot to have a spicy and pungent taste of chili peppers. Finally, add spring onion to the dish.
Don’t be afraid if you don’t succeed for the first time. Cooking is something that needs to be practice regularly to master. Good luck and have a nice one!